Thursday, December 03, 2009

Spending a Week in France

Someone called the shop the other day and asked me what it's like spending a week in France at Chateau Dumas. Inspiring, energizing and relaxing were the first words that came to mind. Inspiration surrounds you in France - the history is deep and rich; energy abounds when you spend a week with a dozen creative women, and finally, relaxation comes easy in the elegant Chateau Dumas when you are sipping a local wine on the terrace at sunset.
Last summer was our first Chateau Getaway - everything was new and a learning experience for all. This summer, we're heading back for more adventures and comraderie. We'll be exploring medieval villages like Cordes sur Ciel, collecting old treasures at the brocante in Caussade, tasting fois gras at the farmer's market in St. Antonin, and dying our old white linen beauties in the woad bath at the chateau. We still have a handful of spots left and would love to have you join us and a chateau-full of creative women who come to craft, relax and soak up the culture of the rural French life. If you are interested, please e-mail me, we would like to have the trip fully booked by the beginning of the year so we can start our travel plans. Au revoir!




10 comments:

Jackie said...

I'm one of the lucky people who get to go on the trip...I can't wait!!

Janet said...

I will not be able to travel with you all in person but will look forward to the pictures and descriptions of your wonderful getaway.
For now I will have to look at the stack of lovely fabrics I got from French General and also all the lovely Rouenneries yardage I bought, and luxuriate in the scent of bulk lavender I am using to make sachets.

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Oh ~ those pastries! They would be inspiration enough ~ how do those french gals stay so skinny? Much love and many blessings!

Rachel Carlson said...

if ONLY i were lucky enough to go. thanks for letting us live it through you though.

Anonymous said...

I want to go too! Off to find a benefactor! :)

Leanne said...

Hello Jackie, I'm also booked and travelling from Australia to be with you all! I can't wait either!

Leanne said...

Hello Jackie, I'm also booked and travelling from Australia to be with you all! I can't wait either!

Elizabeth said...

I love the South of France! I've been three times now and enjoy it more and more. My son in law is from Toulouse, and we have spent time with his parents getting to know the area. LOVE it! So I really get what you mean by inspiration and relaxation.

I love your "Home Sewn" book, as a matter of fact, I'm making the bread warming seeded bag for a Christmas gift for my daughter.

If I'm ever in the L.A. area I will most certainly go visit your shop!

Diana said...

Oh my how I loved looking at your photos of France and can only dream of being there with you next summer. What a beautiful retreat you have created for the lucky people who can join you.
Happy holidays to you and your family
Diana

Holly said...

if not htis year, hope for next year, is me! ooo my package arrived from FG, love loves!