Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Teenage Crush

A few months back, a really nice guy named Andy threw a sweet 16th party for his daughter here at French General. Dawn taught 16 girls a jewelry workshop and Andy and I sat in the kitchen hanging out. He mentioned he worked with one of his best friends and she had decorated her house with a lot of old French antiques and he liked the style. Eventually I asked him who he worked for and he said, "Oh I'm the producer for The Ellen Degeneres Show". OMG. I went home and told Sofia and she said, "If Justin Bieber ever goes on the show I would love to go see him!!" So I wrote to Andy and he said "Absolutely!" - and sent over three VIP tickets. So...yesterday was the big day. Sofia, Cassandra and I packed up and headed over to Warner Brothers Studio and watched a taping of the Ellen show - starring "The Biebs"! After a few minutes, he announced his new world tour as well as his gift of two free tickets to everyone in the audience!! Panic, excitement and then absolute chaos ensued - Sofia and Cassandra almost had a cow! So here they are listening to him announce the big news...and they are in seventh heaven! Who knew that a little teenage crush could make one feel so high!

10 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, how adorable! This will probably be one of her top "lifetime" moments. Thrilled for her! :D

Paula said...

Oh... that is priceless!

Quilt it and Dotty www.quilt-it.nl said...

You just made me cry....

Tracy Altieri said...

What serious fun!!!!

Linda said...

So cute!!!! How fun!!!! Nothing like pure excitement...and a teenage crush. Entire post brought a smile to my face!!

wendi yates said...

I live quite close to Stratford, Ontario where Justin grew up. It is a beautiful town with a very famous Shakespearean Festival. Many (now) famous faces have been a part of this festival - this year, Christopher Plummer (also a Canadian) is returning in the production of The Tempest. Justin has done many very generous things for his hometown - once in a while there are sightings of him and sometimes Selena is there too. Although I am a little old to be a part of the Bieber Fever, I am so happy that your daughter and friend are going to have a Bucket List moment!

molly said...

RIGHT ON!!

Anonymous said...

That is one of the most darling blog posts I've seen in a long time! Happy for your daughter, and happy for you for making a dream come true! Love it when we make our children happy!!!

Monica Fullerton

Lucys Baby said...

Oh my gosh, so SWEEET!

Anonymous said...

Hey,that's six tickets to go see The Biebs! I think you and Molly should chaperone them, maybe take Kick along! If I were Andy Cohen, this would be my Mazal of the Day!

Julie B.