Friday, October 24, 2014

Quilting: The New Classics


It only seems appropriate that as I sit here in Houston, getting ready for Quilt Market to begin, I tell you about a beautiful new book that was just released by my friend Michele Muska.  Quilting - The New Classics is a practical and inspirational book that covers 20 traditional quilt designs as well as 20 contemporary designs based on traditional designs!  I was excited to be asked to design and make a traditional nine patch quilt...and lucky that I have a team of quilters and sewers behind me so I could actually turn it in!  To kick off the release of this cool new book, we are having a blog hop...so you can jump around and meet each of the designers.  I wish I could show you a picture of the quilt we made, using our La Belle Fleur collection....but that will have to be on Instagram later...I can only manage so many technical connections at once!

Follow along the hop below to see all of the beautiful quilts....I am sure they will inspire you to try your own classic or modern design!

Follow us @frenchgeneral to see lots more quilt inspiration from Houston!


*Oct. 20th Michele Muska www.lolarae.com/blog.html

*Oct. 21st Leslie Jenison  www.leslietuckerjenison.blogspot.com

*Oct. 22nd Janneken Smucker   www.janneken.org/category/blog

*Oct. 23rd Valerie Bothell  www.pinkbunnykansas.blogspot.com

*Oct. 24th Kaari Meng  www.frenchgeneral.blogspot.com

*Oct. 25th Elisa Sims Albury  www.stitchoutsidetheditch.com

*Oct. 26th Heather Jones  www.oliveandollie.com

Oct. 27th Victoria Findlay Wolfe www.bumblebeansinc.blogspot.com

Oct. 28th Amy Smart  www.diaryofaquilter.com

Oct. 29th Jackie Kunkel www.cvquiltworks.com/blogs/blog

Oct. 30th Pat Sloan www.blog.patsloan.com

Oct. 31st *Shelly Pagliai  www.prairiemoonquilts.com/?page_id=62

Nov. 1st Allie Aller www.alliesinstitches.blogspot.com

Nov. 2nd Kristin Omdahl  www.styledbykristin.com

*Nov. 3rd Jacquie Gering www.tallgrassprairiestudio.blogspot.com

*Nov. 3rd Pat Sloan 4:00pm eastern time   www.toginet.com/shows/americanpatchworkandquiltingradio

“The Voice of Quilting” www.creativetalknetwork.com/
Patchwork and Quilting radio show
www.allpeoplequilt.com/magazines-more/quilting-podcast

13 comments:

Rosa said...

It looks fabulous!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Looks like a fun book--have a great time at Market!

tac73 said...

Can't wait to see your quilt! The book sounds great.

Lee said...

I love your new collection! The book looks great!

patty a. said...

The book looks so inspiring. I don't know anything about instagram so I guess I won't get to see your quilt until I get my hands on a copy of the book.

Julie S said...

I can't wait to see this book in person. I am enjoying the hop....

JANET said...

Can't wait to see your quilt. Love the line.

OhioLori said...

This book looks amazing! Definitely added to my wish List! :)

Gloria said...

There are seriously good quilts in that book!

Jodi said...

Really great book! I am now attempting a victorian/romantic wall hanging and trying to make it modern - tricky for me, at best, but I'm having a blast!

Unknown said...

Looks like a wonderful book. Congrats.

Farm Quilter said...

This book looks like a must-have!!

Unknown said...

What a great idea for a book. Congratulations.