Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Home from France....

It's always strange coming home from France.  Every summer, we spend six weeks running around the countryside, visiting friends, and just generally, pretending we are French.  This summer was no different.  We spent three weeks at the chateau scouring the flea markets, crafting in the studio, cooking with Chef Charlotte and, again, pretending we were French!  Then I drove down to San Sebastian and met up with family and relaxed in a beautiful, coastal village.  Finally, JZ, Sofia and I flew up to Paris and spent a long weekend seeing the museums, eating in the cafes and biking around the city...a perfect way to end a long holiday.
And for some reason...after seeing everything, doing everything, eating and drinking everything...you would think it would be a relief to come home...but it's always strange to come home.  I am at home in France as I am in Los Angeles.  And, I am as happy in France as I am in California - it just takes some time to adjust and acclimate to both cultures.  Here are a few snapshots of our trip abroad  - the good, the bad and the ugly -  and hopefully, you will feel like I do...that living in both countries is the best of both worlds!







































6 comments:

Susan said...

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous photos. I think you do indeed have the best of both worlds!

cocoquilts said...

Lovely! I love seeing details of France through your eyes!! Thank you for sharing!!

Pattie Crum said...

I haven't been to France for 15 years but it doesn't look like anything has changed and that is it's charm. Your pictures are beautiful and the picture with the litte horse makes my heart ache to go back there.

Unknown said...

You do have the best of both worlds. Thanks for letting me enjoy. Would love to go and pretend too.

acornreads said...

Pardon me, but I didn't see any ugly! It all looked pretty dang wonderful to me! Thanks for sharing....

Createology said...

I do love France and seeing your photos really makes me ready to go visit again. High on Life July...