Saturday, September 12, 2009

Keeper of Scraps

I have hired a woman to come and help me sort through the layers of French General - funny how I have actually accumulated so many scraps of just the right shade of coral, stacks of old photographs, imitation flies, spools of old trim, pressed and dried edelweiss leaves (should I keep going?) - and miraculously I am shedding the layers away. I think the lightbulb went off when Deva made piles - inspiration, document scraps, won't let go of, old paper, Sofia's art, etc. What a concept - organizing piles of stuff. Actually, when Molly and I worked together, she was great at this - the in and out box, the hardware peg board - it was all there. Molly always said "I'm just setting up systems - you have to implement them". I guess that's my problem - I'm not very good at keeping up with the systems!
Anyway - I'm getting there. We open in a week - the countdown has begun.

9 comments:

Tammy Burks said...

Good luck with keeping up with your new system....as for me, I'm still searching :)

luckygirlgifts said...

I can't wait!! Are you going to have a Grand Re-Opening Celebration?
I've already arranged my schedule so I'll be able to stop by.
yeah!!
Good luck getting organized, and if you do and can stick to it, write a book about it so I can figure it out.LOL.

Floss said...

Well done - I need some of this, too! I hope the opening goes really well.

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

systems are good!! but i have to admit.. i'm also not always so good at sticking to them!

molly said...

ohhhh, dude, i would have loved going thru it all with you. i gotta quit my day job!

Jamie said...

Wish I could have been your helper! Will have to head out to see the new place! Jamie V in MT
http://rem-nants.blogspot.com
amzanioli@yahoo.com

Vicki said...

I can hardly wait to get back down there and see your new place all done up. Congratulations already! And if the first organizing system doesn't stick, you have a billion fans that would love to come help out!

Shirley LeDoux said...

One thing that I've learned about organizing is that once the work is over you get this really great sense of satisfaction and realize that it was all worth it when you can actually find what you are looking for. It's also kind of fun to relive the memories.

Lisa Leimone said...

Unlucky has been my middle name of late! Maybe your wonderful giveaway will break the curse and make me one VERY lucky girl!!

Lisa