Monday, March 14, 2011

The Blue Attitude







I was so excited to walk into our local bookstore, Skylight Books, and see Denise Lambert and her woad workshop in the current issue of Cote Sud. Ever since meeting Denise a few years ago, I knew that she was onto something special - reviving a centuries old dying technique and pushing the boundaries with what woad could dye. The article mentions the current "Blue Attitude" and how it's become all the rage in France to dye with natural plant dyes. I couldn't agree with Cote Sud more!
We still have a few spots left in our Woad Workshop on Saturday, April 9th. If you are looking to learn from a master (which is something few people ever get a chance to do) and explore an arts and craft workshop with a group of like-minded women, please consider joining us on this special day. Not only will you go home with your arms full of French Blue textiles, you will leave with your soul filled with the essence of France - a rare treat.

2 comments:

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

I'll be there in spirit. Take lots of pics to share please! :)

Megan said...

Oh, how I wish I could make it down! My mom and I took a natural dyes class here in Seattle a few weeks ago (inspired by our woad experience!), and the instructor turned out to be good friends with Denise.