Friday, February 24, 2012

To Remember....

I'm headed out to New York today, not for business or a bead dig...but to remember an old friend who passed away in December. Molly, Ryan and I are meeting up in the Big Apple to celebrate the life of a girl we all loved - and considered as close as family. Suzanne was one of Molly's closest friends in high school and moved to New York to experience everything - once, or maybe twice. I think a lot people move to New York City for this reason - to try out something different - I know I did. I wanted to live in a big city, meet strange people and live on the edge. Suzanne moved to New York to live in a 100 year old walk-up building, eat out every night and make a difference in the advertising world. I am nervous and excited about celebrating a life that was cut short - but I know that everyone I see this weekend will have a story to tell about Suzanne and we will all feel just a little bit closer to her for 48 hours. Au revoir my friend....

7 comments:

kimberly wheat said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was such a beautiful woman.

Ms. Lucie said...

Awww Kaari, so sad to hear about your and Molly's loss. I'm sure she will be greatly missed. I will be thinking about you and all who gather to commemorate her life.

rscoach said...

So sorry for your loss - may her memory always be a blessing ...

Anonymous said...

Your loss touches my heart it is so sad indeed and in fact it is difficult to comprehend the depth of sadness in the loss of a loved one, a friend. I hope that you will find grace and comfort in sharing and celebrating the memory of that dear life, I pray that you will have a blessed time together.
Grace:( weftandwarp(at)hotmail(dot)com

Sherry :o) said...

Sorry for the loss of your friend - what a beautiful smile!

Lynda said...

Kaari, please accept my condolences on the death of your friend. May her memory be a blessing.

If you're able when you come home, I know I'd love to hear a story or two about her.

Kimberly Jones said...

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. She looks like a lovely person, and I'm sure you have many wonderful memories of her to cherish and share.