Monday, July 08, 2013

Jewelry Making at Quilt Festival!

A couple of years ago at The Creative Connection in Minneapolis, I met a wonderful women named Judy Murrah who convinced me to come and teach at the International Quilt Festival.  At first, I thought...why would I teach at a quilt festival....I don't quilt!  But what I have come to realize over the years, is that quilters just don't quilt...they do paper arts, they make jewelry, they knit, they even love to dye with indigo!  So, I jumped in, had a wonderful experience meeting women from all over the country.....and once again, I will be back teaching at the Quilt Festival in Long Beach this summer!  


I'll be teaching two different workshops - both jewelry and both easy enough for someone that has never made jewelry before.  The Button Jewelry Workshop uses handfuls of old mother of pearl buttons and vintage crystals to create beautiful button cuff bracelets as well as an eyeglass holder...something more and more of us need these days!


 The Embellished Cuff Workshop, uses over a yard of chain and 72 beads, buttons and charms to create a weighty cuff bracelet filled with treasures.  I will be offering this workshop in a variety of colors...russet red, turquoise blue and natural linen....something for everyone!  

In our classroom, we will be setting up a French General petite market where you will be able to buy our latest Moda collection, Josephine, as well as a handful of new jewelry kits, paper art kits and even pieces of our document fabric collection.

If you are in the area or happen to be coming to the Quilt Festival in Long Beach, please join us for one or both of our workshops...sign ups are open for another couple of weeks through the Quilt Festival Website.  See you in Long Beach!

No comments: