Friday, March 06, 2009

Book No. 4

We recently finished our fourth book, Handmade Soirees. After months of propping, crafting, writing, food propping and table setting - we're done. Everything went pretty smoothly - as books go - our only glitch came when shooting the cover. I know I shouldn't judge a book by its' cover - but I often do. I want the cover to tell me the story of what's inside - the good stuff. We shot and re-shot ideas for the cover - nothing seemed to work just right. Finally, we let go and thought - it'll be alright - a little of this and a little of that - maybe a bit of magic book dust thrown in too...it will be fine. So - now we wait. A book takes almost one year from the time we begin till we see it in the bookstores. Normally, I would lay awake at night worrying about what if we had shot that idea outside, or why didn't I use the striped tablecloth instead of the hemp one? Details. No time to worry this time - we've already begun Book No. 5 - our look inside Tinsel Trading's basement. I am already starting to think about the cover!

4 comments:

Rose Brier Studio said...

Can't wait to see the new book, (or the peek inside Tinsel Trading's basement)!! If they are like your other books, they will be treats for the eyes and inspiration for the soul. Congrats!
~Marilee

Angela said...

Hi! I was the person today who came in with the little toddler. I just want to say that I love your shop and want to come back alone so I can really look around. Looking forward to using the fabric scraps to make something beautiful. -- Angela

Melissa said...

Congrats on the new book...I know I'll be purchasing a copy. Sometimes it is difficult to just let perfectionism go, I'm sure we're all going to ohhh and ahhh over it all the same.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to bring to your attention the most wonderful store I came across in Washington DC called Accessories of Old.
It is a real treat and believe you should know about it if you have not yet heard about it... check it out it is one of a kind not to be missed. - Emma