Friday, January 08, 2010

Button Winners

I saw this poster for a mourning warehouse and almost flipped - can you imagine - getting it all in one place - oh to dig in that basement for a while! I like how they offer merchandise for both families of the highest rank and to those of limited means - I guess no one escapes it. Thanks for entering our little button contest - two lucky names were drawn out of the old black hat - Babsarella and Kelli - so please drop me a note and I will put together a little package of mourning buttons for you to craft with. Merci!

5 comments:

Babsarella said...

OMG!!! I am thrilled!! I'll shoot you and email with my addy tonight!!

becky up the hill said...

Tho I didn't win, I totally enjoyed the contest and all the interesting information/history. I'm also so excited about the book coming out this year. Thanks Kaari for the great blog!

kelli said...

Goodness gracious Kaari! Thank you so so much. I'm so excited to receive goodies in the mail!

Cathi ONeill said...

You should definitely read that book I just finished for our book club, Falling Angels by Tracy Chevalier, one of the characters is a little girl who writes her own little strange guide to proper Victorian mourning etiquette and loves visiting a store just like the one in the poster with her family when they are in mourning for various family members and Queen Victoria (book starts with Victoria's death). Very complicated stuff...different fabrics for different relationships, different lengths of mourning...sounds like something you'd probably love to read right now. The author also wrote "Girl with the Pearl Earring" and a great book about the Unicorn tapistries in Paris "Lady and the Unicorn", I love her stuff!

Linda said...

Thanks I have read the others so will have to read that one
must get your new book too saw it at Cowslip workshops Elizabeth Baer showed me the first one on French fabrics I am one of her : girls : best Linda