Thursday, January 07, 2010

Treasured Notions

It's so exciting right before a new book comes out. Patiently waiting for this next book, I completely forget about the angst that went into crafting, shooting and writing it. I think about how thrilling it's going to be to look at each page - to try and see it as if it was the first time. I guess it's like giving birth - as soon as we finish a book I say - "Well, that was so much fun - Let's do it again!" Funny how during the middle of it I usually have a break down - but I can't even remember that part right now. Now, I am in that happy place - waiting for a box of Treasured Notions to arrive so I can sit with it for a while and just breath a sigh of relief. To answer the typical e-mail we have been receiving: I believe this next book - which is completely inspired by Tinsel Trading's basement (pre-move) - will be available in April. You can pre-order a copy on Amazon now - or wait to order a signed copy through us. I think it's a gem and hope that you will too.

17 comments:

Jackie said...

Can't wait - it looks beautiful!

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Oh my! This looks wonderful....LOVE Tinsel Trading...LOVE notions!
:)

becky up the hill said...

So exciting~!

Unknown said...

I can only imagine. But your analogy is apt. We never remember the worst when the final product is there.

KarenB said...

It looks like so much fun! And I haven't even bought Soiree's yet! My gift card is burning a hole in my pocket!

Karen

Jeanne said...

How exciting this is! I have all the other French General books. I can't wait for this one to add to my collection.
xo
jeanne

Cat Allman said...

So excited for you! And I love seeing the beetles on the cover. The only time I've been to TT I was thrilled to find a box of old beetles down at floor level behind some other, more expected notions. It was magical to find these "original sequins" for sale.

Congratulations!

cupcake studio said...

It looks remarkable...can't wait!

somepinkflowers said...

ooohhhh...
it looks wonderFULL!

:-)

i cannot wait to open it up.
yippeee!

{{ i have your other books,
as well,
and what fun
to enjoy them
over and over again }}

Miriam said...

Congratulations on the new book!!
The cover looks enticing!

Maija said...

Yippee! I can't wait, and you know I'm going to want a signed copy!!!

Kim Hambric said...

I am so excited. Must put this on my wish list NOW!! The French General Jewelry book has been such an inspiration in my artwork. This book might just send me into a frenzy.

Danielle Muller said...

so wonderful!! congrats my friend!

blessings,
danielle
www.thevintagedragonfly.typepad.com

Jen**SugaredSongbird** said...

I'm putting this one on my most anticipated list right now! Love, love love looking at all those "treasures!"

Booklinks said...

Dear Kaari
I can hardly wait for this new book and hope it's quickly available in the Netherlands.
Just bought Home sewn and having a great time playing with those beautiful Rouenneries
fabric.
Thanks for your great designs!
Suzanne

oldflowers4me said...

the cover of your book looks so yummy....

holly said...

Looking forward to this new addition to my library...All the best!