Saturday, January 02, 2010

January Workshops

We've gotten into the swing of things with our classes at French General - instead of Thursday nights - we've switched most classes to Saturday mornings - we found that some people we're having a hard time getting to class after work. We've planned a few great classes this month - including a special workshop by a visiting friend and artist, Tracie Huskamp. I met Tracie at Quilt Market in Houston and when I saw her work I knew she would be the perfect paper artist to teach at French General. Tracie, inspired by nature, incorporates paper scraps - old ledger paper, photo mats, dictionaries and books - and teaches a technique how to sketch from a photo - as well as incorporates poetry and prose into small artwork. If you are in the Los Angeles area and would like to join us - sign up for this workshop at frenchgeneral.com. We've also got Jody Rice coming in - which is exciting - since she's gone back to film work full time. Jody is teaching a millinery flower class - always a big hit, once people's flower unfolds in front of their eyes. Finally, our jewelry class- a charming Valentine bracelet - sold out within a couple of days - a first! Look for our February workshop schedule soon - lot's of hearts to come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really wishing I lived in your area!!
Happy New Year!
Bradie

Anonymous said...

I have been dying to take one of your flower classes - I am going to sign up now - thanks for the information.

Marcie K.

Denise said...

I'm so excited about your Saturday classes. I was checking to see if your store was open on Saturdays since I have to bring my daughter to So Cal for a clinic. When I saw you had classes I signed up for next the millinery flower class! I can't wait to visit.