Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Memory of a Seamstress

If you happen to be in Los Angeles at the end of October, come join us for our first Saturday class of the season. Molly Meng, visiting from San Francisco, will be leading a workshop all about historical fiction, memory and the small bits left behind. This layered inspiration board is a great way to use all of the precious pieces that get lost at the bottom of our pockets. Bring a photograph of someone you'd like to remember and French General will provide all of the embellishments and notions for your memory board. For more information about our upcoming classes or to sign up for this workshop, visit frenchgeneral.com

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Golly....If only I was closer I would be first on the list to join this class! I have always been inspired by your memory boards, and it would be wonderful to create my own.

Penny

Anonymous said...

Ever since I read your book, French-Inspired Jewelry, I have wanted to make one of these boards! I am coming from San Diego just for this class and to meet your sister Molly.
Thank you - Christina L.

mary pernula said...

This is just darling, I would sign up if I lived in your town. HUGS MARY

Anonymous said...

Janet says. . .

My Grandmother's sewing box is in my possession, along with all sorts of sundries purchased by her from the 30's on -- but mostly purchased at the local stores in the 40's and 50's and 60's.

Using these items would be perfect to create a Nana's Sewing Box board.

Joan Georghiou said...

I'm on the East Coast so can't take this class. Such a disappointment because this is an absolutely lovely piece of art.

Anonymous said...

Would you consider making this workshop into a kit? I would love to purchase one to make in honor of my aunts that were all seamstresses.


Fiona/NYC

Rachel said...

THE Molly Meng?!? Is she on her World Tour? Wow that would be such fun!! It would be like purple unicorns with diamonds dripping off their backs and rainbow wings...but that is all I am going to say about that. :)

Jillayne said...

I wish I lived near LA - I would be there in a heartbeat. This is beautiful and so very inspiring!! And, from what you have written about Molly in previous posts - I'm thinking she would be fun to meet.... a lot of fun! This reminds of your book A Treasured Notion - I have made one inspiration board thanks to it but a whole class would be wonderful.