Monday, June 29, 2009

Anglet Flea Market

On Saturday, we drove about 45 minutes north of San Sebastian to the small city of Anglet, France and visited another great flea market - this was a combination market of some really old treasures mixed in with newer pieces. It was a bit of a deep dig, but I still managed to find some great old cotton convent slips, linen bed sheets with huge monograms and a trunk full of old ribbon and trim. I also found a dealer that had dozens of my favorite French wine glasses - the early 19th century heavy glasses that were originally used at the vineyards for tasting the local grapes. Here are a few photos of the day - be sure to check out our website soon where we will be listing all of our flea market finds.





6 comments:

mimi charmante said...

I can't begin to tell you the envy I feel for each and every one of your flea market visits~
Have a lovely week!
xo

Lorrie said...

Oh what lovely flea market finds!

Lorrie

Sharon Stanley said...

I am sooo envious...such fun to see the photos...keep them coming...

Erin said...

The pictures are wonderful, hope you are having fabulous time! I took your bracelet class up at Remnants of the Past. Best, Erin

Debbie said...

Wow, I wish I could have stowed away with you for this trip. What I wouldn't give to go to a Paris flea market!!!! Keep the pics coming!

Anonymous said...

Oh my you are already there! Leave some trunks of ribbons for me! See you soon,

Michelle Rose Jorgensen