Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Three Weeks Ago....

Three weeks ago, before my computer crashed and I lost internet service....I was in France on our Chateau Getaway with three wonderful groups of women - from all over the world!  It's hard to know where to start.....do I write about the centuries old chateau we lived in, the over the top food that Chef Charlotte cooked up for us three times a day, the field trips and artisans we visited in local villages, or the brocantes where we dug out scraps of 18th century hemp, linen and silk?  No, I think all of that can all wait - at least till tomorrow!
Today, I just want to say thank you to each and every woman who joined us on this crazy adventure! With little or no itinerary, adventurous souls signed up for a week of living like a rural French woman.  Throwing caution to the wind, women come to see France through our eyes and hopefully learn a thing or two about themselves - while forging new friendships, crafting with the featured artist and sharing a glass (or two!) of the local grape!


At the end of each week, we don our woaded attire and pose in front of the chateau for a group photo - kinda like a French summer camp - but a whole lot better!
More to come soon!


5 comments:

samplergal said...

Thanks for a wonderful time, Connie

Floss said...

Oh, how wonderful - all of you there in your pastel! I keep wondering if I'm going to bump into you all one of these years...

Tracy Altieri said...

I am seriously jealous!

Anonymous said...

I would love to join you on your next getaway! Please send me more information:
mjcollins@gmail.com

Nancy said...

Very jealous too. One of these days.