Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pam and Her Parasol...




Years ago I was smitten by a beautiful parasol I had seen at a friend's home.  The parasol was all hand-painted with beautiful details and lettering.  The piece seemed so familiar to me, but as it was hanging up high in the corner of the room, I could never actually get my hands on it to look at it!  Eventually, I met Pam Garrison and learned it was one of her beautiful creations.  Since then, so many years ago, Pam and I have become great friends and even plan a monthly dig together...when we can both steal away for a whole day!  Everytime I see one of Pam's blogposts or instagram photo's or one of her many creative journals...I wonder how she does it all...the art just keeps pouring out of her!
Pam has been a frequent teacher at French General and she is coming back...this time to teach her beautiful Painted Parasol Workshop on Saturday, March 2nd May 11th, from 1-4pm.  All materials are supplied to make a one of a kind art piece.  Pam will also be bringing her trunk full of creative kits and materials so you can get a close up look at her handiwork.  We hope you will join us for this very special day!
Please note new date of workshop! Saturday May 11th from 1-4pm.

No comments: