Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Field Trip with the Girls























The other day I had a day out with Pam Garrison and Amy Hanna. I met Pam and Amy a few years back and every time we see each other we say "When are we going on a field trip together?!"....and then time slips away and we never get around to it! Finally, after a handful of e-mails back and forth, we planned to meet down in Orange for an afternoon of hunting for treasures.


I found all sorts of beautiful patterns and colors - lots of good inspiration for textile and paper designs.





















After a full day of hunting with Amy and Pam at Country Roads, I wandered over to my favorite shop Down Home, and finally found my one and only purchase - an old hand-sewn, cadet blue and white quilt - with a grand price of $11.95. A day well spent when the quilt costs less than lunch!

7 comments:

Mary said...

What a great find! I love that quilt.

Charmingdesigns said...

LOVE Orange, my favorite place!

Unknown said...

Downtown Orange...definitely one of my favorite places. Did you get a chance to have tea or a cupcake?

inkywu said...

Next time must stop @Haven Gastropub for their wonderful food.

amy hanna said...

loved hanging out with ya my fellow lamb lover!! xo amy

Anonymous said...

I wish I went with you!! LOVE the finds.

molly said...

oh so envious, so envious!