Monday, July 27, 2009

Back to Work

We've returned home, back from our summer holidays in San Sebastian and our Chateau Getaway in the South of France. Coming home always feels so strange at first - as if we don't really belong in this old house of ours - we're just visiting so don't touch anything. Slowly things return to normal. I made it to the market to pick up food, we started swimming off our jet lag and waking up before noon. Although I love to travel and see new places - I love coming home even more. Waiting for me when we returned were some of my favorite things - our new book with Chronicle and a new collection of strike offs from Moda. Our new book, Handmade Soirees is all about entertaining and making your events special with a few hand crafted projects - as well as lots of food and plenty of pictures of friends and family. Our new collection from Moda, Rural Jardins, won't be out till Spring 2010 - but it is even prettier than the first collection, Rouenneries, which comes out this fall. Strike offs are a funny thing. I received hundreds of small scraps of color, prints and stripes and I have to narrow it down to 70 pieces. It's exciting and frustrating all at once because you feel as if every one is special and should make it into the line - to have to eliminate some is just not fun. After a couple of attempts, I was able to narrow it down - to what I hope will be a beautiful collection of woad blues, faded reds and soft greys. Pictures to come soon!

11 comments:

somepinkflowers said...

what a wonderful cover
and full
of visually yummy treats,
i bet.

:-)

i look forward
to adding this lovely
to my growing FG collection ♥

janice said...

already have it pre-ordered on amazon.com, cant wait to add it to my collection. welcome home

Unknown said...

That sounds beautiful, and your vacation idyllic. Welcome home! I'm excited to see the previews!

Suzanne@NotesfromthePatch said...

Can't wait for Rouenneries to arrive in my store and to see your new collection at Fall market. Didn't know about this latest book but you know I'll be buying it now. Welcome home!

Debbie said...

Welcome home! I'll be getting your new book...I have all of your books and love them all. I'm chomping at the bit for the new fabric to hit the shops in the Fall and now a new line in the Spring....OH MY....I'M DOOMED!!!

It' an Evolution said...

Just caught up with your blog as I have been away as well. Glad you had a wonderful summer holiday. It sounds absolutly amazing. Welcome back and looking forward to your new creations.
Janet

Cheryl Marshall said...

Love the cover and can't wait to get a copy!

K Cotton said...

I can't wait to see new book and new fabric collection. I want my hand on it now.

Anonymous said...

The woad blue collection will be amazing if it is anything like the lovely dyed linens and cottons from Chateau Dumas!

The woad dyed straw hat is turning out great! It is great to use the fabulous natural dye from your week at the Chateau, on a creation from the Millinery Masterclass when I was the Chateau the following. The hat is a special keepsake memory!

Looking forward to your fabric collection!

Best,
Debbykay at Rose Cottage Gardens and Farm

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

Rural Jardins sounds interesting... i can't wait to start working with Rouenneries as is...

Seahorse Ranch Girl said...

I followed along with your France posts and really enjoyed the glimpse into life there. The woad blue color is so compelling. I will start looking for it in cloth or products here in the good ol' USA.