Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday in Montauban

Our last full day has been spent in Montauban - looking through brocantes and antique shops. Margot G. actually said that I was like a truffle snuffing pig looking for old textiles, trims and bits. I'm not sure if that is a good thing...but it made me laugh and I kind of agreed with her! I found a beautiful Victorian wedding crown holder - made out of pressed metal and red velvet, piles of old religious cards from the 19th century, old embroidery pattern books and a handful of early agriculture plaques from local French farms. It's been a learning experience - shopping for treasures with 18 women - especially since most of us have our eyes on the look out for similar pieces. Tomorrow everyone packs up and heads home - it's been an amazing week with wonderful experiences had by all - I am already planning our next getaway...anyone game??

4 comments:

Laura said...

You are already planning another magical trip? Can I come? I'm game!
I have followed you in spirit every step of the way.

becky up the hill said...

You bought the crown right? It's the most beautiful thing.

Carole said...

I'd love to make the trip!

Brenda said...

Please do a "Brocante" and Flea market trip, and I am SO THERE!
OXOXOOXOX
Brenda