Friday, July 31, 2009

The Late Winner

In June I wrote about our craft bags that we had made up for the Chateau Getaway - including our vegetable dyed alpaca roving for needle felting. I forgot to pick a winner and send out a kit before I left! So - if anyone out there is listening....the lucky winner is Karen from Recycled Rita. I'll send out a bag of wool, needles and some foam so you can give it a try- just be sure to concentrate - getting stuck with the needle will take your breath away - and not in a good way! This sweet book, Little Felted Animals, by Marie-Noelle Horvath, is a great source of inspiration and techniques - it gives step by step photos on how to shape the sweetest small animals. Pick up a copy if you are dying to learn this craft - you won't be sorry!

4 comments:

mimi charmante said...

I discovered felting this past spring and what fun it is to have a handy project that is easy to bring along in your bag. I only wish there was more felt available in a wider variety of colors!
xo

Recycled Rita said...

HI Kaari!
I just saw that I won your giveaway! Am I too late? Oh I so hope not! Please email me and let me know...thanks! karen
kben1334@sbcglobal.net
recycledrita.blogspot.com

Recycled Rita said...

HI Kaari!
I just saw that I won your giveaway! Am I too late? Oh I so hope not! Please email me and let me know...thanks! karen
kben1334@sbcglobal.net
recycledrita.blogspot.com

Wendy McDonagh-Valentine said...

The cover of that book just makes my heart smile!! Thanks so much for sharing it. I'm so happy I found your blog!! : )

~ Wendy
http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/